HIS695 Directed Research Methods
Lead Faculty: Dr Alex Zukas
Course DescriptionDirected research on a historical topic chosen by the student in consultation with the instructor and the studentandapos;s thesis project advisor. Involves successful completion of a research prospectus (proposal).
- Conduct historical research of a professional quality.
- Annotate relevant books, articles, and documents.
- Place their research project within a proper historiographic context.
- Develop an appropriate historical research prospectus.
- Explain the original contribution their project will make to historical studies.
- Proceed with the Master's thesis or media/technology project.