HIS692 Methods and Sources
Lead Faculty: Dr Alex Zukas
Course DescriptionAssessment and implementation of effective primary-source research strategies. Also includes assessment and implementation of methodologies for interpreting a wide variety of primary sources critically and professionally. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Evalute the legal and institutional structures of record-keeping in the U.S. and other parts of the world.
- Propose historical research strategies/methodologies for gathering pertinent primary sources.
- Appraise the range of pertinent primary sources for answering the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Assemble the most pertinent primary sources for answering the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Assess the primary sources they have selected using relevant historical research strategies/methodologies..
- Conduct effective primary-source research for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.