HIS668 Seminar in Modern Middle East
Lead Faculty: Dr Alex Zukas
Course DescriptionFocused examination of primary and secondary sources as well as advanced research in the current scholarly literature on Middle Eastern history since ca. 1450 C.E. Areas may include, but are not limited to, political, economic, intellectual, cultural, social, environmental and diplomatic history.
- Lead a college seminar discussion on an issue in the area of Modern Middle East (MME) history.
- Pose and respond to questions amenable to historical study and research within the area of MME history.
- Use historical and scholarly resources and databases effectively and efficiently.
- Situate and evaluate an historical project in relation to relevant MME historiography.
- Situate and evaluate an historical project in relation to relevant primary sources.