HIS618B Seminar in Modern Europe II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alex Zukas
Focused examination of primary and secondary sources as well as advanced research in the current scholarly literature in modern European history since the French Revolution of 1789. Areas may include, but are not limited to, political, economic, intellectual, cultural, social, environmental and diplomatic history.
- Organize major historical themes and issues in modern European history as presented and debated in the scholarly literature.
- Evaluate the theoretical and empirical approaches that leading historians bring to the study of modern European history.
- Lead a college seminar discussion on a topic or issue in modern European history.
- Research the scholarly discussion of a topic in modern European history.
- Write an analysis of five book reviews on that topic.
- Write an evaluation of primary sources related to that topic.
- Compose a review essay on that topic.