HIS600 Seminar in History and Theory
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alex Zukas
Critical examination of the major methodological and philosophical foundations of modern historical research and writing.
- Appraise the growth and transformation of the history profession in the last hundred and fifty years.
- Assess the theoretical and methodological foundations of contemporary historical practices.
- Apply appropriate analytical terms when evaluating historical theories and methods.
- Establish the central issues and problems that a historical theory addresses.
- Analyze the relationship between fact, method, theory, and interpretation in historical accounts.
- Pose questions amenable to historical study and research.
- Situate and evaluate their historical thinking in relation to relevant historiography.