HIS499 Capstone Research Project
Lead Faculty: Dr. Daniel R. Thorburn
This seminar is the capstone course for the history major. The objective of the capstone course is to produce a paper that is exemplified by extensive research, critical thought, and intellectual engagement. The project should excite students and deepen their historical understanding. As a "senior project," it will combine primary sources with secondary interpretations in an original and interesting way.
- Develop an appropriate historical research project.
- Present the important historiography surrounding their topic.
- Annotate the theses of the books and articles they read for their project.
- Place their project's thesis within its proper historiographical context.
- Explain the historical debates surrounding their topic.
- Complete the historical project successfully.