HIS341 History Through Theater
Lead Faculty: Dr. Daniel R. Thorburn
Explores history through the complex medium of theater. Focuses on a variety of dramatic and theatrical techniques, including readers' theater, role-playing debates, improvisation and formal dramatizations. Scripts historical literature into performance. Studies various plays in order to gain a broader understanding of key historical issues in diverse cultures.
- Demonstrate in writing an understanding of the history, practice and purposes of drama and the theatre arts.
- Identify problems specific to the creation and staging of dramatic works.
- Identify and assess points of intersection between the dramatic arts and pedagogy.
- Write and stage dramatic works based upon historical events.
- Instruct others in the use of drama as a pedagogical tool for the study of history.