GLS499 Seminar and Portfolio Project
Lead Faculty: Dr. Raphi Rechitsky
(Capstone course. To be taken as the final course in the major.) Students complete a final portfolio including one original research paper, another essay integrating central concerns of the program, and several papers representing students' best coursework. The portfolio is posted on a website of the student's design. Ideally taken as final course in the major. Grading is S or U only.
- Create a cumulative and integrative portfolio project that the student finds personally satisfying.
- Assess her or his learning in the program.
- Write an effective integrative paper.
- Conduct online research effectively and efficiently.
- Write a sound research paper.
- Edit, peer edit, and re-write course papers competently.