BGS499 Capstone Project
Lead Faculty: Dr. Carl Boggs
Capstone course that focuses on portfolio and completion of capstone project. It is designed to provide students with an opportunity to integrate lessons learned from general studies portfolio-building and the research class. Grading is H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Demonstrate the competencies essential to independent research on scholarly topics across a range of disciplines.
- Demonstrate competency with parenthetical citations within texts and with entries to References or Works Cited pages.
- Demonstrate understanding of their cumulative growth with research and writing over the course of their postsecondary education.
- Explain and interpret the role of education in their occupational choices.
- Demonstrate consistent proficiency with the mechanics of academic writing.