BGS499 Capstone Project
Lead Faculty: Dr. Carl E. Boggs
Capstone course that focuses on portfolio and completion of capstone project. It is designed to provide students with an opportunity to integrate lessons learned from general studies portfolio-building and the research class. Grading is H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Demonstrate the competencies essential to independent research on scholarly topics across a range of disciplines.
- Demonstrate competency with parenthetical citations within texts and with entries to References or Works Cited pages.
- Demonstrate understanding of their cumulative growth with research and writing over the course of their postsecondary education.
- Explain and interpret the role of education in their occupational choices.
- Demonstrate consistent proficiency with the mechanics of academic writing.