BGS385 Methods of Research
Lead Faculty: Dr Carl Boggs
Study of qualitative and quantitative research designs and methods including observation, interviews, surveys, primary and secondary data analysis, and experimentation. Development of the critical ability to understand the ethical solutions to problems faced by contemporary researchers.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the scientific method.
- Choose the appropriate method of data collection and interpretation for a chosen discipline-specific theory.
- Formulate a well-constructed research question.
- Assess critically such diverse methods of information gathering as surveys, interviews, content analysis, and experiments.
- Demonstrate the capacity to do report writing and oral presentations.
- Describe the political and ethical issues involved in research.
- Develop an approved plan for the BGS capstone project.