BGS301 Intro. to General Studies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Carl Boggs
Focus on the integration of knowledge across various disciplines, essential to a critical and interdisciplinary approach. Emphasis on the interconnectedness of different fields of knowledge central to broad, critical, and holistic view of education.
- Understand the theory and practice of General Studies from a critical and interdisciplinary perspective.
- Discuss some of the most important thinkers in selected disciplines.
- Acquire the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes to function effectively as citizens and within a work or professional environment.
- Identify major trends, traditions, themes, and issues that predominate within the contemporary world.
- Interpret knowledge content from various disciplines.
- Understand basic elements of creative and critical thinking.
- Use information technology as a means of reliable and valid data collection in developing personal opinions.
- Make informed decisions regarding future course offerings within the General Studies major.