PSY653 Research and Evaluation
Lead Faculty: Dr Valerie L. Alexander
A comprehensive study of research and evaluation with an emphasis on research methods, the use of research to inform evidence-based practice, and the importance of research in advancing the profession of counseling. Statistical methods used in research, needs assessment, and program evaluation will be examined.
- Examine the role of research in informing the practice of psychotherapy.
- Evaluate ways in which research advances the profession of counseling.
- Evaluate the statistical methods used in program evaluation.
- Design a needs assessment proposal for a psychotherapy program or agency.
- Analyze published research studies to determine the effectiveness ofresearch methods and types of statistical analysis.