PSY612B Clinical Assessment II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Valerie L. Alexander
This course covers the assessment and diagnosis for Anxiety, Psychotic, Personality, Dissociative, and Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders in the DSM and other assessment systems. Students will practice assessment skills and development of treatment plans during the course. Outcomes assessment and case conceptualization processes will be discussed.
- Explain the link between client behavior and the specific section of the DSM where further assessment information can be found, including the use of decision trees.
- Create clinical assessments based on diagnostic vignettes.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a diagnostic interview.
- Distinguish among diagnoses of Bipolar, Depressive, Psychotic, Trauma and Stress-related disorders, Dissociative, Personality, Impulse-control Disorders and Sexual Dysfunctions.
- Distinguish between clients with actual psychological diagnoses and those who may be malingering.