PSY612A Clinical Assessment I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Valerie L. Alexander
Course DescriptionThis course discusses clinical assessment from the bio-psycho-social-spiritual, resiliency, recovery and medical models. Interviewing skills and the use of assessment instruments are covered. Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment approaches for anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders.
- andlt;ul type=andquot;discandquot;andgt;andlt;span lang=andquot;ENandquot; style=andquot;font-family:andapos;Times New Romanandapos;,andapos;serifandapos;;font-size:12pt;andquot;andgt;Demonstratea working knowledge of how the DSM is organized and used.andlt;/ulandgt;
- Assess clients from the DSM, resilience, recovery, and other assessment models.
- Conduct a biopsychosocialintake assessment in a role-play client session.
- Assess crisis situations in a role-play client session.
- Develop a DSM diagnosis from case vignettes and client role-play sessions.
- andlt;span lang=andquot;ENandquot; style=andquot;line-height:115%;font-family:andapos;Times New Romanandapos;,andapos;serifandapos;;font-size:12pt;mso-fareast-font-family:andapos;Times New Romanandapos;;mso-ansi-language:EN;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;andquot;andgt;Integrate appropriate psychological tests commonly used by Master's level therapists intothe assessment of a role-play client.
- Diagnose clients using the DSM criteria for Adjustment Disorders, Anxiety and OCD Disorders, and the andquot;V-codes.andquot;