PSY612A Clinical Assessment I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Valerie L. Alexander
This course discusses clinical assessment from the bio-psycho-social-spiritual, resiliency, recovery and medical models. Interviewing skills and the use of assessment instruments are covered. Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment approaches for anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders.
- Assess clients from the DSM, resilience, recovery, and other assessment models.
- Conduct an intake assessment in a role-play client session.
- Assess crisis situations in a role-play client session.
- Write an intake assessment and treatment plan in behavioral language from case vignettes and/or client role-play sessions.
Develop a DSM diagnosis from case vignettes and client role-play sessions.
- Utilize appropriate structured assessment instruments in the client assessment process.
- Diagnose clients with Anxiety Disorders and Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders.