PSY611B Counseling Paradigms II
Lead Faculty: Dr Valerie L. Alexander
Course DescriptionThis course focuses on integrating and applying the full range of theoretical models used in psychotherapy. Students gain practical experience with both process and content issues through in-class role playing and demonstrations and receive both instructor and peer feedback. Grading is H, S or U only.
- Demonstrate entry-level counseling skills.
- Formulate appropriate clinical interventions for a variety of clients.
- Design and utilize appropriate crisis intervention strategies with clients.
- Design a treatment plan and demonstrate appropriate clinical interventions in a brief therapy model.
- Demonstrate capacities for self-reflection, openness to feedback, psychological mindedness, and personal growth and development necessary for safe and effective practice as a psychotherapist.