PSY610 Case Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Valerie L. Alexander
Course DescriptionThis course examines the concepts and principles of case management practice emphasizing strength-based approaches, the bio-psycho-social-spiritual and recovery models. It introduces the role of mental health case management including strengths assessment, development, and delivery of mental health services.
- Apply the process of case management and selected models of case management theory to clinical practice.
- Conduct an intake interview and assessment based on the strength-based approach as well as the bio-psycho-social-spiritual and recovery models.
- Develop a case management plan that incorporates the principles of the strength-based approach as well as the bio-psycho-social-spiritual and recovery models.
- Integrate the use of consumer-provider partnerships and community- based resources into the case management plan and mental health service delivery.
- Analyze the influence of current political trends on the structure of mental health systems in the light of current legislation and funding priorities.
- Develop an intake summary, treatment plan, and progress notes in behavioral language.