PSY501B Foundations in Counseling II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Valerie L. Alexander
A study of the essential principles and theories in psychology. Topics include an overview of biological psychology, personality theory, and abnormal psychology. Grading is S/U only.
- Describe the structural and functional organization of the nervous system, and biological factors that contribute to mental disorders.
- Analyze ethical issues involving biological psychology.
- Describe key theoretical perspectives in personality theory.
- Describe key concepts in abnormal psychology and behavior.
- Analyze emotions, cognitions, and behavior within the context of sociocultural defintions of normalcy.