PSY501A Foundations in Counseling I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Brian P. Tilley
Course DescriptionA study of the essential principles and theories of psychology. Topics include social, developmental, and cognitive psychology. Grading is S/U only.
- Describe key concepts in social psychology.
- Analyze psychological behavior in the context of social situations and provide an explanation of the etiology of behavior.
- Describe key concepts in cognitive theory and apply these concepts to everyday human thought patterns.
- Categorize cognitive distortions and understand basic cognitive therapeutic techniques.
- Describe key concepts in developmental psychology and apply them to developmental stages.
- Describe the important developmental theories and their application to psychological development.