PSY485 Sport Psychology Sr. Project
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sarah Castillo
Course DescriptionA two-month course in applied sport and peak performance psychology. An applied exploration of how the mind influences performance in sports, business, health, and wellness. Students will use real-world experiences as a laboratory for understanding, developing, and advancing the principles of applied sport psychology.
- Discuss the history of positive psychology and its place in the field of wellness and peak performance.
- Discuss what is meant by self-esteem and apply current research to the ways in which humans can develop appropriate self-esteem.
- Discuss the importance of mindset and mindfulness.
- Discuss the concept of change from the perspective of positive psychology.
- Discuss how positive psychology can be used in building professional, social, and romantic relationships.
- Apply the concepts of positive psychology to a practice of mindfulness.