PSY480 Senior Project
Lead Faculty: Dr Brenda Lee Shook
Development of a major cumulative paper integrating what students have learned in the program with an applied area of student interest. Covers empirical or theoretical study of specific topics in psychology with an emphasis on independent and creative activity. Students will be required to submit a portfolio for evaluation at the onset of the course. Students must earn a grade of 'C' or better or must repeat the course.
- Develop a research question or hypothesis that demonstrates both breadth and depth of knowledge in the field of psychology.
- Perform a search of the professional literature related to the research question of hypothesis.
- Use technology to perform the literature review search.
- Write an outline of the proposed research project.
- Critique other students' drafts of their proposed research project.
- Write an in-depth research report about the question or hypothesis utilizing APA format.
- Present the results of the research project orally and/or in writing.