PSY449 Group Dynamics in Sport
Lead Faculty: Dr Sarah Castillo
Course DescriptionThis course looks at group dynamics in team sports and coaching relationships. Topics include the use of self in groups, leadership styles in the team setting, features of a successful group or team environment, and the role of motivation in team sports.
- Describe current psychological theories on group dynamics in team sports and coaching relationships.
- Identify and describe current theories on the self and self-esteem in group dynamics.
- Discuss the role of leadership and leadership styles in team sports.
- Discuss the characteristics of a successful group or team environment.
- Discuss the role of motivation in team sports
- Identify current trends in psychological research in group dynamics and sport psychology as it relates to team sports.