PSY449 Group Dynamics in Sport
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sarah Castillo
This course looks at group dynamics in team sports and coaching relationships. Topics include the use of self in groups, leadership styles in the team setting, features of a successful group or team environment, and the role of motivation in team sports.
- Describe current psychological theories on group dynamics in team sports and coaching relationships.
- Identify and describe current theories on the self and self-esteem in group dynamics.
- Discuss the role of leadership and leadership styles in team sports.
- Discuss the characteristics of a successful group or team environment.
- Discuss the role of motivation in team sports
- Identify current trends in psychological research in group dynamics and sport psychology as it relates to team sports.