PSY446 Positive Psychology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sarah Castillo
Historical development of positive psychology and its applications to the practice of wellness, health, and peak performance. Topics include self-esteem, relationship building, happiness, and mindfulness.
- Discuss the history of positive psychology and its place in the field of wellness and peak performance.
- Discuss what is meant by self-esteem and apply current research to the ways in which humans can develop appropriate self-esteem.
- Discuss the importance of mindset and mindfulness.
- Discuss the concept of change from the perspective of positive psychology.
- Discuss how positive psychology can be used in building personal, professional, social, and romantic relationships.
- Apply the concepts of positive psychology to a practice of mindfulness.