PSY444 Wellness and Peak Performance
Lead Faculty: Dr Sarah Castillo
Course DescriptionThis course looks at the role of wellness and peak performance in athletic performance. Topics include fitness, physiology, weight management, stress management, personality, self-esteem, and motivation.
- Discuss the role of physiology, exercise, and stress in peak performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of wellness, including the role of motivation, physical health, mental health, and self-esteem.
- Discuss the role of personality in athletic performance.
- Design and implement a personal wellness plan including fitness, nutrition, and stress management.
- Develop a set of measurable goals to reach an athletic standard or achievement.