PSY442 Sem Applied Sport Psychology
An advanced course in the application of psychological theories and research to sports and exercise behaviors. The seminar will focus upon skills in assessment, interviewing, case formulation, and interventions with athletes.
- Apply major psychological theories used in sport psychology to explain athletic performance.
- Apply the concepts of goal setting, anxiety, anger, concentration, and imagery.
- Articulate an accurate case formulation for a coaching or consulting scenario.
- Integrate assessment data and interview data, including all relevant cultural/contextual data, into a case formulation.
- Apply knowledge obtained through current research to common
situations experienced by a coach, athletic trainer, or sports psychologist.
- Develop an intervention plan for a case scenario applying current research from sports psychology literature.