PSY429 Intro to Personality Theory
Lead Faculty: Dr Brenda Lee Shook
Course DescriptionThe study of psychological characteristics of the individual that endure in stable form for substantial periods of time. Examines influential theories of personality and supporting research.
- Define the concept of personality structure and development.
- Discuss the major and emerging theories of personality.
- Discuss how current research supports and critiques the major personality theories.
- Discuss andamp;#8220;normalandamp;#8221; and andamp;#8220;abnormalandamp;#8221; personality functioning in a variety of contexts.
- Describe how culture influences the development and study of personality.