PSY428 Developmental Psychology
Lead Faculty: Dr Brenda Lee Shook
Course DescriptionA study of the major transitions from fetal development through death in the physical, cognitive, social and emotional domains. The impact of ethnic, gender and cultural factors on development will be examined.
- Identify the major issues, tasks and milestones of human development, such as physical, cognitive, social and emotional development throughout the lifespan.
- Evaluate core concepts, strengths, and weaknesses of the major theories of lifespan development.
- Evaluate how ethnicity, culture, class, and gender influence lifespan development.
- Explain the impact of biological/genetic influences on physical growth, cognition and behavior.
- Assess how current research supports and critiques the major theories of development.