PSY428 Developmental Psychology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Brenda Lee Shook
An examination of the developing personality, including personal identity, cognition, language, social skills, relational capacities, gender and role learning and socialization for the entire life span.
- Discuss the major types of human development, such as cognitive, social, emotional, relational, and moral.
- Identify core concepts, strengths, and weaknesses of the major theories of lifespan development.
- Critically discuss how ethnicity, culture, class, and gender influence lifespan development.
- Discuss the implications of biological vs. experiential-based theories on education, parenting, and therapy.
- Discuss the impact of biological/genetic influences on human development.
- Discuss how current research supports and critiques the major theories of development.