PGM600 General Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael McAnear
Course DescriptionAn exploration of common managerial challenges in the oversight of a golf facility. This course provides students with knowledge to recruit, select, train, evaluate and compensate employees. Students construct inventory management systems, successful marketing and pricing strategies, and merchandising benchmarks to evaluate financial performance in changing market environments.
- Evaluate empirically-proven principles that foster positive human resource management in the workplace.
- Create a compensation plan that incorporates theories of motivation and retention of employees.
- Evaluate the ethical and legal concerns in the hiring, staffing, and management of employees in the golf industry.
- Utilize case studies to understand the application management philosophies as they apply to pricing, financial performance, technology, competition, and decision-making.
- Create a general management assessment plan for to assess the financial performance of a public, private, resort, or municipal facility.