PGM448 Senior Project in PGM
A two-month course in professional golf management. Students will use real-world experiences as a laboratory for understanding, developing, and advancing the principles of professional golf management.
- Identify, describe, and apply common concerns in organizational development in the golf industry.
- Use common methods of analysis to measure a golf facility's financial performance.
- Apply the elements of a performance system to delegate assignments effectively.
- Understand and apply the concepts of motivation to facility staff.
- Understand basic turf grass science and apply that knowledge to an environmentally sensitive golf facility.
- Discuss the concepts of sustainability and the economic and ecological challenges of current practices in facility management.
- Develop a peak performance program for integration in working with a beginner, intermediate, or advanced player.
- Demonstrate observation and problem solving skills with regard to increasing human performance through practical application of course principles.