PGM444 Instruction/Player Develop.
Course DescriptionSurvey of major concepts on coaching, instruction, and player development. Topics will range from exploring the philosophy of teaching, how fitness relates to the golf performance, and the use of technology to improve teaching and performance.
- Discuss and analyze basic swing fundamentals.
- Compare and contrast swing theories and how they view the teacher/student relationship.
- Demonstrate how fitness and body shape affects the golf swing.
- Use technology, video, or motion capture systems to analyze and teach swing mechanics.
- Discuss various learning styles and how to convey swing concepts to students.
- Articulate a philosophy and approach to teaching the golf swing.