PGM220 Adv Sem. Instr. Player Develop
An advanced seminar into the instruction and development of intermediate and advanced players. Player development theory: the application of player development principles in teaching, and the mental aspects of the game of golf will be discussed.
- Describe the eight crucial personality traits that distinguish true champion golfers.
- Explore the crucial elements of their own personality using personality inventories and psychological principles.
- Analyze, record, and compare their own personality traits and measure them against the traits of champion golfers.
- Discuss the purpose and importance of focus and concentration to success on the golf course.
- Explain what is meant by the term andamp;#8220;abstract thinkingandamp;#8221; and how that relates to overcoming obstacles encountered in a round of golf.
- Explain the meaning of andamp;#8220;emotional stabilityandamp;#8221; and andamp;#8220;tough mindednessandamp;#8221; and how these traits help champion golfers succeed.
- Explain the meaning of andamp;#8220;dominance and competitivenessandamp;#8221; as it relates to a theory of competitive mindset.
- Apply the mental traits of andamp;#8220;tough mindedness,andamp;#8221; andamp;#8220;self-assuranceandamp;#8221; and andamp;#8220;self-sufficiencyandamp;#8221; to their own golf game.
- Analyze what is meant by the terms andamp;#8220;optimum arousalandamp;#8221; and andamp;#8220;managed tensionandamp;#8221; as personality components of the competitive golfer.