PGM216 Mental Prep & Short Game
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael McAnear
Course DescriptionAn overview of basic concepts from sports psychology as they apply to the game golf and the implementation of these concepts in all aspects of the game. An extensive exploration of the short game, including drills, mechanics, and the importance of mental preparation.
- Define and describe the basics types of golfer personalities and how they relate to the inner game of golf.
- Perform and understand the basic strategies of the mental game.
- Discuss how to prepare a student for competitive situations and how to limit anxiety
- Perform basic short game drills and assist others in executing drills.
- Understand the mechanics of the short game.
- Understand how to properly utilize the short game to effectively lower students' golf scores.