PGM215 Facilities Ops & Green Apps
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael McAnear
A seminar course in the organizational challenges and opportunities of facility operations and environmentally sensitive practices. An examination of business practices, personnel and human resources issues, organizational behavior, technology, and current research and practices in ecological golf course management.
- Discuss the concepts of sustainability and the economic and ecological challenges of current practices in facility management.
- Explain the importance of soil organisms and limiting chemical pesticide use.
- Discuss and apply current research on plant stress management, compost production and use, fertility management, and natural disease suppressants.
- Explain the larger ecological impact of current pesticides and practices and the benefits of ecologically sensitive practices.
- Explain basic pest control techniques and other golf course management with respect to environmental issues.