PGM214 Supervising & Delegating
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael McAnear
A survey of basic managerial and leadership theory, with an emphasis on training for managers and development of leadership skills to help provide a teamwork philosophy in the workplace.
- Describe and explain the theory of management in the operation of a golf facility.
- Describe typical problems encountered by managers in the golfing industry.
- Understand the theory of successful management philosophies in the workplace.
- Utilize case studies to understand the application basic management philosophies.
- Discuss leadership systems in the golf workplace and how to implement such systems.
- Utilize case studies to understand the application of these leadership systems in the golf workplace.
- Discuss what is meant by "Internal Control" and why it is important for any enterprise; also, provide several examples of internal control procedures commonly used by a golf course or golf management company.