PGM204 Sports Marketing and Promotion
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael McAnear
Course DescriptionPrinciples of sports marketing and the application of these principles to sports related organizations. The primary focus is on planning, with additional emphasis on promotions management.
- Apply the fundamental terms and concepts of marketing to the golf industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of typical products, consumers, and sponsorships in golf and the larger sporting industry.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for a golf facility or tournament.
- Apply research methodologies to sports marketing efforts specific to the golf industry.
- Evaluate specific golf related marketing plans, especially in the areas of licensing, sponsorship and branding.
- Evaluate the role of electronic media in the marketing of sports and sport related products and apply these to typical situations experienced by marketers in the golf industry.
- Establish effective communications between the golf industry and the media.