PGM204 Sports Marketing and Promotion
Principles of sports marketing and the application of these principles to sports related organizations. The primary focus is on planning, with additional emphasis on promotions management.
- Apply the fundamental terms and concepts of marketing to the golf industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of typical products, consumers, and sponsorships in golf and the larger sporting industry.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for a golf facility or tournament.
- Apply research methodologies to sports marketing efforts specific to the golf industry.
- Evaluate specific golf related marketing plans, especially in the areas of licensing, sponsorship and branding.
- Evaluate the role of electronic media in the marketing of sports and sport related products and apply these to typical situations experienced by marketers in the golf industry.
- Establish effective communications between the golf industry and the media.