PGM201 Hospitality & Resort Mgmt
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael McAnear
Course DescriptionPlanning for the management of personnel, including the recruitment, selection, and evaluation of employees in the hospitality industry. This course will discuss resort management in the golf industry and how to address situations in day to day business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of job analysis and job descriptions for employees at all levels of the hospitality industry.
- Evaluate ethical and legal concerns in the staffing process in the hospitality and resort management
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of resort management concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Use common methods of analysis and when to measure a hospitality businessandapos;s financial performance.
- Use the elements of a performance system to delegate assignments effectively.
- Understand and apply the concepts of motivation to facility staff.