PGM102 Facility Operations
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Mcanear
Course DescriptionA survey of the principles of facility planning and operations. Analysis and discussion of the steps involved in the creation of a facility mission and the techniques and methods to develop financial forecasts and budgets will be discussed. Effective business practices and their differences in private, semi-private, and municipal facilities will be explored.
- Discuss the value of business planning and the facility mission statement.
- Analyze and discuss the steps involved in the creation of a policies and procedures manual.
- Discuss the value of operational policies and procedures and be able to apply these to a facility's mission statement and business objectives.
- Discuss the elements and value of organizational charts, job descriptions, and performance reviews.
- Prepare and evaluate financial forecasts and budgets.