PGM100 History of Sport
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael McAnear
Course DescriptionA survey of the history of American sport with a focus on European influences, as well as the influences of technological, cultural, racial, and economic diversity from Colonial American to present day.
- Describe and explain origins of sport in the United States.
- Discuss the influence of technology and transportation on the development of American sport
- Analyze the concepts of amateurism and professionalism in sport
- Describe the influence of culture and race on the development of sport in the United States.
- Discuss the influence of European culture on the early stages of American sport.
- Analyze the impact of religion on the development and current state of sport.