HUB670 Research Applications
Lead Faculty: Dr. Charles Tatum
Course DescriptionThe application of research methods and statistical techniques to a variety of research problems. The student will use these methods and techniques to address hypothetical and real research issues. The student will have developed a research proposal for the capstone project in HUB650 (a prerequisite for the course) and will apply the material learned in this course to further develop and refine the proposal.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate critical concepts and practices for applying research methods and statistical techniques.
- Evaluate research approaches and judge their appropriateness for different research problems.
- Analyze the effectiveness of research designs for specific types of studies and issues.
- Develop and apply measurement tools to test theories and hypotheses
- Develop methods for data collection and data analysis to test a research proposition.
- Prepare an IRB package for the research proposal that adheres to the standards and practices for protection of human research participation