HUB441 Research Design and Analysis
Lead Faculty: Dr. Henry J. Venter
An evaluation of research in psychology and the behavioral sciences. Includes work on research methods and design, and the application and interpretation of basic statistics.
- Discuss the role of experimental findings in psychological theory and explanation.
- Differentiate instances of experimental research from correlational and other forms of quasi-experimental forms of inquiry.
- Correctly identify different levels of research data.
- Identify threats to reliability and validity in concrete instances of research efforts.
- Generate practical research designs in response to statements describing theoretical background and interest.
- Interpret "results" sections of published psychological research papers by describing in words the meaning of the reported results.