HUB410 Psychology for Managers
Lead Faculty: Dr. Henry J. Venter
A survey of psychological concepts applied to organizational settings. Emphasizes motivation, communication, leadership, and personal development.
- Ability to discuss psychological factors unique to organizations.
- Ability to identify psychological factors unique to individuals working in organizations.
- Ability to discuss topics such as selection, performance appraisal and training.
- Ability to discuss topics such as team building, task groups, and leadership.
- Ability to identify some of the psychological perspectives essential to the role of the manager (e.g., influence, authority, etc.).
- Major Content Areas.
- Decision, Planning and Monitoring Systems.
- Organizing tasks, People andamp; Culture.
- Leading and Empowering People.
- Conflict resolution, Working Conditions and Job Satisfaction.
- Group dynamics and Personality types.
- Organizational Change and Renewal.