ADC295 Guided Study
Lead Faculty: Dr Donald R. Posson
Individual study of a selected topic or content area under the guidance of the instructor.
- To be determined by instructor based on topic or content area covered.
- Develop a research question pertaining to a current issue in substance abuse, prevention, or treatment.
- Conduct a literature review pertaining to the chosen topic
- Discuss biological, physiological, sociological, and psychological aspects of the chosen topic as applied to individuals, families, and communities.
- Integrate the sum of the student's learning of alcohol and substance abuse theory and practice as related to the chosen topic
- Analyze and make recommendations concerning the chosen topic
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments
- Present a grammatically correct, written, final project.
- Prepare and present a 10-12 minute presentation demonstrating the student's final project and skills in oral presentation.