ADC275 Personal & Professional Growth
Lead Faculty: Dr. Donald R. Posson
Course DescriptionThis course examines two inter-related concepts of counseling: personal awareness and growth with professional growth. This course is designed to assist students to begin the process of becoming aware of their personal issues and how those may impact their work with clients.
- Identify and examine personal strengths and limitations related to becoming a counselor.
- Identify and examine potential counter-transference issues.
- Identify and discuss the needs of the recovering counselor.
- Describe requirements and resources for continued professional growth to include areas regarding consultation, scope of practice, and continuing education
- Identify the signs, symptoms, and early warning signs of counselor burnout.