PHS182 Physics for Non-Sci Majors II
Lead Faculty: Dr Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Non-calculus based general physics course for non-science majors Study of electric current and resistance, magnetism, electromagnetic induction, optics, relativity, quantum physics, quantum mechanics and atomic physics, and nuclear physics.
- Identify and define physical quantities.
- Apply laws of electricity and magnetism to explain electromagnetic phenomena and their importance in human life.
- Apply the principles and laws of geometric and wave optics to explain physical phenomena and solve problems.
- Define basic principles of relativity and their impact on major laws of physics.
- Describe the major principles of quantum physics, nuclear physics, radioactivity and physics of elementary particles.