PHS181 Physics for Non-Sci Majors I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Non-calculus based general physics course for non-science majors. Study of one-dimensional and two-dimensional kinematics, dynamics, statics, work, energy, linear momentum, solids and fluids, temperature and kinetic theory, heat, vibrations and waves, and electrostatics.
- Identify and define physical quantities.
- Apply principles and laws of classical mechanics to explain physical phenomena and solve problems.
- Explain different physical processes from an energetic point of view.
- Interpret fundamental principles of behavior of the charge in an electric field.
- Apply the laws of kinetic theory of gases.
- Define basic principles of vibrations and wave propagation.