PHS173 General Physics 3
Lead Faculty: Dr. Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Non-calculus based general physics course intended for Science majors. Extended study of magnetism, electromagnetic induction and waves, optics, relativity, quantum physics, nuclear reactions and elementary particles.
- Apply principles and laws of geometric and wave optics to explain physical phenomena and solve problems.
- Explain electromagnetic phenomena and their importance in human life.
- Define basic principles of relativity and their influence on major laws of Physics.
- Describe the most important principles of quantum physics, nuclear physics and physics of elementary particles.
- Interpret fundamental principles and major laws of Physics using the concept of scientific method.