PHS172 General Physics 2
Lead Faculty: Dr Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Course DescriptionNon-calculus based general physics course for Science majors. Study of temperature, kinetic theory, gas laws, heat, oscillatory motion and waves, and electricity.
- Apply principles and laws of kinetic theory of gases to explain physical phenomena and solve problems.
- Explain heat and work in Physics and everyday phenomena.
- Explain wave propagation.
- Describe laws of electricity and their manifestation in physical universe.
- Interpret fundamental physical principles and major laws of physics using the concept of scientific method.