PHS171 General Physics 1
Lead Faculty: Dr Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Non-calculus based general physics course. Intended for Science majors. Study of one-dimensional and two-dimensional kinematics, dynamics, statics, work, energy, linear momentum, circular motion and gravitation.
- Identify and define physical quantities.
- Explain major laws of Physics.
- Apply laws of Mechanics to explain physical phenomena and solve problems.
- Connect and explain contributions of scientists to the development of laws governing physical phenomena and the concepts/theories which integrate them.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of fundamental physical principles through interpretation of everyday phenomena.
- Apply critical analytical skills to evaluate physical phenomena and their effects; develop clarity of definition, consistency of logic and adequacy of evidence.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of scientific method and its application to the fundamental principles governing physical universe.