PHS130A Physics Lab for Engineering
Lead Faculty: Dr. Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Non-calculus based general physics lab course for Master of Science in Environmental Engineering online program. The course includes interactive illustrations, explorations, and problems in major parts of General Physics: Kinematics, Dynamics, Electric current and Optics.
- Investigate uniform motion and apply the equation of uniform motion.
- Measure the acceleration due to gravity by analyzing the non-uniform motion of a freely falling object.
- Examine projectile motion.
- Determine the position of an object using the Laws of Dynamics.
- Examine a complete electrical circuit using Ohm's Law and principles of connection in series and in parallel.
- Investigate the basic principle of reflection and refraction.