PHS104A Introductory Physics Lab
Lead Faculty: Dr. Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Course DescriptionNon-calculus based general physics course for earth and life science majors. Laboratory experiments/exercises, including data analysis on topics, including but not limited to: electricity, magnetism, light (optics) and nuclear physics.
- Set up an experiment in obtaining a uniform motion and apply the equation of uniform motion.
- Measure the acceleration due to gravity by analyzing the non-uniform motion of a freely falling object.
- Examine a projectile motion.
- Determine how to predict whether a given solic body will float or sink in a given fluid.
- Construct a complete electrical circuit.
- Investigate the basic principle of reflection and refraction.