PHS102 Survey of Physical Science
Lead Faculty: Dr Nataliya V. Serdyukova
Course DescriptionAn introduction to the basic principles and general concepts of the physical sciences. Develops selected topics from chemistry and physics. A general education course for non-technical majors.
- Describe the foundations of science and contributions of ancient civilizations.
- Use different unit systems and make conversions.
- Use mathematical symbols and understand their physical meaning.
- Describe Physical world using laws of physics.
- Solve physics and chemistry problems using mathematical skills.
- Plan and conduct a scientific investigation, which includes: make quantitative observations, record and analyze data, write a report.